| Login | Sign Up
Contributor
Soham Velhal

My husband is 48 and I am 43yrs old. Incase of accidental death of my husband

My husband is 48 and I am 43yrs old. Incase of accidental death of my husband, how will the claim amount decided?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Regular Contributor
Arti
Solution

Re: My husband is 48 and I am 43yrs old. Incase of accidental death of my husband

Dear Sir , 

The claim payment ratio will depend on the the type of policy insured is holding.

If it is a health policy, then 100% expenses for accidental hospitalsation will be paid.  

In case if it is an accidental plan, a lumpsum payment (as specified in policy schedule) would be made in the event of the Death due to an accident.

For a loan-based policy, the claim paid will depend on the type of coverage opted by the insured .

Hence we request you to kindly share policy details to assist you further or call our customer service number for further assitance 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Contributor
Dilip Shardul

Re: My husband is 48 and I am 43yrs old. Incase of accidental death of my husband

Since your husband is in the age bracket of 46years to 50 years where the claim is paid on the principal outstanding basis, at the time of claim, whatever is the outstanding amount of his part shall be paid to the bank.

For example:- 20 lac loan , husband is 48 and wife 43, since the loan is divided into equal, the loan amount against the husband is 10 lacs, incase of an accidental death of the husband and at that time the total principal outstanding is 18 lacs, the husband's part which is 9 lacs would be paid.

Regular Contributor
Arti
Solution

Dear Sir , 

The claim payment ratio will depend on the the type of policy insured is holding.

If it is a health policy, then 100% expenses for accidental hospitalsation will be paid.  

In case if it is an accidental plan, a lumpsum payment (as specified in policy schedule) would be made in the event of the Death due to an accident.

For a loan-based policy, the claim paid will depend on the type of coverage opted by the insured .

Hence we request you to kindly share policy details to assist you further or call our customer service number for further assitance