| Login | Sign Up
Frequent Contributor
harshG

There was a fire in the rented place. Can I make a claim under my home insurance?

I have shifted temporarily to a rented house as my insured home is being repaired. There was  a fire in the rented place. Can I make a claim under my home insurance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
N.Kumari
Solution

Re: There was a fire in the rented place. Can I make a claim under my home insurance?

Hi

Home insurance is a type of property insurance that provides coverage to the policyholder's house not to the rented house.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Frequent Contributor
rajeshsharma

Re: There was a fire in the rented place. Can I make a claim under my home insurance?

The insurance policy covers only the original premises. So your claim will not be entertained.

Contributor
Sumitrao

Your home insurance is for the home it insures, not for where you stay. The rented place might have its own insurance and that will cover the fire damages

Contributor
N.Kumari
Solution

Hi

Home insurance is a type of property insurance that provides coverage to the policyholder's house not to the rented house.

View solution in original post