18-12-2017 03:57 PM
Motor Claims are generally of Own Damage, Third Party Loss or Theft Claims.
Own Damage : When your own, insured vehicle is damaged.
Third Party: For personal injury or property damage related to someone else.
Also if you are the Victim, and somebody else's vehicle is involved, you must obtain the insurance details of that vehicle and make an intimation to the Insurer of that vehicle.
Theft Claims : If your vehicle is stolen, you should inform Police, Your Insurance Company and also the transport department.
So once you intimate about loss to Insurer, they appoint a Loss Assessor (which happen within couple of hours). He will do spot inspection and will keep you updated throughout through SMS and Mails.
Please Remember : You can fast forward the claim procedure by submitting the Documents on time.
11-01-2018 12:13 PM - last edited on 16-01-2018 04:32 PM by Purva Chouhan
20-02-2018 12:55 PM - last edited on 20-02-2018 06:10 PM by Purva ChouhanSolution
First, check the nearest network garage:
Sources For Intimation of Claim:
1. Online registration of Claim: https://www.hdfcergo.com/customer-care/claim-intimation.html
2. Call the Toll free: 24x7 customer helpline number 1800 2700 700 (Accessible from India only) and get your claim number.
3. IPO Insurance Portfolio Organiser: HDFC ERGO Mobile App. Download from here: https://www.hdfcergo.com/MobileAppsDownloadPopUp.aspx?type=android
You can opt for any of these :
1. Cashless Claim Procedure: Where the garage and HDFC ERGO have tie up. where you have peace of mind by not paying a huge amount to the garage.
2. Reimbursement Claim Process: If due to some reason you don't end up in Network garage then you can fix your vehicle from the non-network garage and get your bills reimbursed later.
Don't delay in registering the claim. If you are late they will ask for the reason of delay which should be reasonable.
Some basic terms used while calculating claim i.e. what makes up the claim amount.
The Repair and replacement costs, less the depreciation value.
Insurers have provided some additional coverages like a topping on an ice cream, which stops excessive deductions from claim amount like zero dep.
|Total estimated cost||80,000|
|Standard deduction for depreciation @ 30%||24,000|
|Other standard deductions (Compulsory deductible)||1,000|
|Claim payment without Zero Depreciation||55,000|
|Claim payment with Zero Depreciation||79,000|