| Login | Sign Up
Frequent Contributor

Is there any insurance plan that covers dental?How do I find a good dental insurance plan?

Is there any insurance plan that covers dental?How do I find a good dental insurance plan?
2 REPLIES 2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is there any insurance plan that covers dental?How do I find a good dental insurance plan?

Hi Shef,

Below mentioned are few type of GI polices that may cover dental

• Individual Health Policies: These insurance policies will have dental insurance covered under their basic plan, additional benefits or premium covers wherein the customers will have to pay additionally to acquire this benefit.
  • Surgery and Critical Illness Policies: This can be seen as a standalone policy that specifically caters a particular kind of illness. Some policies may offer dental surgeries that fall under critical medical procedures as part of their plan.
  • Family Floater Health Insurance Policies: Since most of these plans are linked with Mediclaim’s cashless benefits, dental insurance is generally covered as part of the plan for the insured and the family members covered in the plan.
  • Preventive Healthcare Policies: Sometimes, policies that cover preventive care like regular medical check-ups, consultation costs can also cover dental requirements.
  • Travel Insurance Policies: A few policies may cover dental costs and this can include dental treatments required due to any accident caused during the travel period.
  • Personal Accident Cover: Like travel insurance, sometimes personal accident cover will cover dental expenses in the form accidents that may have caused injury to one’s teeth.
Anuj Shergil
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is there any insurance plan that covers dental?How do I find a good dental insurance plan?

In India we do not have any dental insurance specifically. But we do have health plans covering dental 

Anuj Shergil