| Login | Sign Up
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

No claim bonus scam

This is Karthik. <br>I have been cheated from so called hdfc ergo agent Rohit Malhotra +919654846793 of Rs. 50,000/-.<br>It started by receiving a call from agent Ashok about bonus of 1lakh is sanctioned to your name for not making any expense or claim during the 3year health insurance period. <br>As part of verification agent asked to take cigma insuran Rs25000/-. Later this agent processes it to transcation team Rohit Malhotra. He asks to show transcation for the money to get refunded to your resp. Bank account. He initiated a new Bharti axa policy for Rs. 25000/- again. He mentions about not telling the insurance agent calling up to mention about any claim procedures. After all this he mentions a date for money to get transformed to your account. Later his phone is not responding. He is all tied with hdfc ergo call center employees and bank authority received commission for giving customers personal details. This is a big scam between third party and hdfc personal.
5 REPLIES 5

Re: No claim bonus scam

Hi
Even I recieved a call from hdfc ergo third party to claim the amount
I didn’t believe them because they asked me to pay 22700 to claim the amount.
However my question is is it true
I had a loan and had hdfc ergo insurance with it
I closed my loan few months ago is there an option to claim the insurance now. And if yes how?
Highlighted

Hi
Even I recieved a call from hdfc ergo third party( saying that tied uo with Bharti Axa) to claim the amount
I didn’t believe them because they asked me to pay 22700 to claim the amount.
However my question is is it true??
I had a loan and had hdfc ergo insurance with it
This seems to fake call?pl.guide.

Highlighted

Hi Karthik,

I received the call and faced the same story. After making a payment of 50k, he asked me to make a payme t of 37000 as GST for the amount to get disbursed. I told I cannot make anymore payments, so I was informed the amount will get disbursed by year end closure in March..Till date i have been informed that the amount will be disbursed post paying the GST amt of 30000 rupees or the policy renewal again.

Highlighted

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for your post.

I received a similar call today. Surprisingly, they had my complete HDFC policy details( from 2014), contact number and Address. I received call from +918860521378. I found something was suspicious and decided to hang up the call and search in the internet.

Anyways, I have sent an email to HDFC ergo care team. Hopefully, they control data theft and act on these kind of cases.

Thanks,

Prakash

Highlighted

Hi Karthik

I have received a similar call today. They were having name of atleast 10 office colleagues. I was suspicius that how NCB of term plan is possible. Suprisingly they were having data of our hdfc ergo group policies from 2015. Call came from +91-8506943771.  I threatened them to file police complain if they call again.

Hdfc ergo must take strong measure to save its costumer's data.

regards

Ankit