| Login | Sign Up
Contributor
Meena

Adding of parents to existing policy

If I want to include my dependent parents at any point of time, can I proceed for the same?

4 REPLIES 4
Frequent Contributor
harshG

Re: Adding of parents to existing policy

Usually, if your dependent parents are up to the age of 70 years, you will be allowed to include them in your policy.

Contributor
chavibasu

I suppose under HDFC ERGO's individual personal accident plan you can add your dependent parents with some add on benefits for them at very basic pricing.

Contributor
Kanchi

Some insurance companies will allow whereas some companies won't allow. You need to check terms and condition with the insurance company for more above clause. Finally, you'll need to determine the eligibility of each of your parents. In most cases, you'll only be able to add your spouse and "qualifying" dependents to your plan. You probably won't be able to add your parents or adult siblings.

Contributor
Siddhesh P

Hi Meena,

While insurers offer the choice of adding your spouse to your plan, some also let you include your parents under a family floater.

In fact, you can check with your employers as well. Most employers today offer you the option of including your parents in the group medical insurance with a marginal hike in the premium paid.