| Login | Sign Up
New Contributor
venkateshR

Covering of extended family members and children

If I want to cover more than 2 children and my extended family members. What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Juned Shaikh
Solution

Re: Covering of extended family members and children

Different Insurance Companies have limitations on the number of members covered.

There are various Scenario :

1. If the policy offers coverage for  2 Adult + 2 Children or 2 Adult + 3 Children etc 

Now if a couple have 3 Children and there is a limitation of covering maximum 2 Children in a health policy then the parents opts for two Family Floater Policies wherein one policy will cover one parent + two depended children and another policy will cover other parent + the third child. 

2. An adult can cover his/her parents with himself. (the senior citizen who is insured can avail up to Rs. 20,000 as tax exemption under the section ‘80 D’ is a cherry on the cake)

3. There are few Insurance Companies who covers Parent In Law as well. 

And Many many more. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Occasional Contributor
PJyoti

You will have to take new Health policy for them.

Your extended family cant be covered with you. 

Contributor
Juned Shaikh
Solution

Different Insurance Companies have limitations on the number of members covered.

There are various Scenario :

1. If the policy offers coverage for  2 Adult + 2 Children or 2 Adult + 3 Children etc 

Now if a couple have 3 Children and there is a limitation of covering maximum 2 Children in a health policy then the parents opts for two Family Floater Policies wherein one policy will cover one parent + two depended children and another policy will cover other parent + the third child. 

2. An adult can cover his/her parents with himself. (the senior citizen who is insured can avail up to Rs. 20,000 as tax exemption under the section ‘80 D’ is a cherry on the cake)

3. There are few Insurance Companies who covers Parent In Law as well. 

And Many many more. 

View solution in original post