| Login | Sign Up
Frequent Contributor
rajeshsharma

Dental Treatment

Is dental treatment covered under health policy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Contributor
Arti
Solution

Re: Dental Treatment

This cover is applicable only if opted by the insured as per plan type, in this we will pay 50% of Medical Expenses incurred by Insured Person towards Dental Treatment after three consecutive and continuous Policy years with Us only if prescribed by Medical Practitioner up to the amount mentioned in the Schedule of policy .

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Contributor
Phalguni

Dental treatments are generally not covered in your health insurance plan.

But, in case a dental treatment requires a minimum of 24 hours of hospitalization, which is caused due to an accident, your health insurance policy will cover such a treatment. This is usually part of your health advantage policy.

Also, some tailor made group health policies may offer to cover all type of dental treatments.

Contributor
ayush.shukla

Some group mediclaim policy which is tailored made policy covered all type of dental treatment. Generally, health policy covers only accidental dental injury subject to hospitalisation. Most of the health policy doesn't cover dental in india. 

Neetu

I have family floater plan in HDFC ergo silver plan. I want to do my treatment for teeth but customer service representative will ask me I am not claim for that treatment in this plan . please let me know why I am not able to claim.
Frequent Contributor
Arti
Solution

This cover is applicable only if opted by the insured as per plan type, in this we will pay 50% of Medical Expenses incurred by Insured Person towards Dental Treatment after three consecutive and continuous Policy years with Us only if prescribed by Medical Practitioner up to the amount mentioned in the Schedule of policy .

View solution in original post