| Login | Sign Up
Contributor
rizvan

Doeshealth policy cover the charges or will reimburse if I undergo a treatment through homepathic?

Does my health policy cover the charges or will reimburse if I undergo a treatment through homepathic method?

2 REPLIES 2
Frequent Contributor
hayat

Re: Doeshealth policy cover the charges or will reimburse if I undergo a treatment through homepathi

If you are undergoing treatment in the government hospitals or in any hospitals which is recognised by government in that case you can avail your claims.And also only part of the amount will be claimed not all the amount which is used for the treatment will be claimed, in that case you need to contact your insurance company

Frequent Contributor
Ena

Re: Doeshealth policy cover the charges or will reimburse if I undergo a treatment through homepathi

A typical health insurance covers hospitalization expenses incurred during the treatment procedure. However, with many individuals option for traditional and alternative medicine like Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani, etc., Health Insurers include reimbursement of such traditional treatments in their coverage. While most offer these as an add-on, I recommend you check HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha plan, which covers AYUSH benefits i.e. full Sum Assured for such treatments.