| Login | Sign Up
Contributor
sama

Me and my wife are covered under the HDFC ERGO’s Health Suraksha Gold policy since the last 5 Yrs

Me and my wife are covered under the HDFC ERGO’s Health Suraksha Gold policy since the last 5 Yrs. . My wife is expecting and is due this October,can you please let me know if she is covered for maternity expenses?

2 REPLIES 2
Frequent Contributor
hiren

Re: Me and my wife are covered under the HDFC ERGO’s Health Suraksha Gold policy since the last 5 Yr

You will obviously get covered. Just speak to customer care or your agent for how much amount you can claim.

akanksha

Re: Me and my wife are covered under the HDFC ERGO’s Health Suraksha Gold policy since the last 5 Yr

Hello Sama,

Maternity &other related expenses are covered under  HDFC ERGO's Health Suraksha Gold policy.  Under this policy the maternity benefit can be availed after a waiting period of 4 continuous years.. The benefit is limited up to 2 deliveries; or 1 delivery & 1 termination; or 2 terminations during the lifetime of an insured person. -The Health Suraksha Gold plan has the following limits : Normal Delivery upto Rs 15,000/- , Caesarean Delivery upto Rs 25,000/- , Termination upto Rs 15,000/- (The maternity sum insured above Includes Pre/Post Natal limit of up to Rs 1,500 and New Born limit of up to Rs 2,000)

Sterility, surrogate or vicarious pregnancy, birth control, contraceptive supplies etc are excluded in the policy. Also Ectopic pregnancy is not covered under the Maternity benefit however the same will be covered under In-patient Hospitalization section of the base policy .All other general exclusions would be applicable.

Thanks

Akanksha