| Login | Sign Up
Highlighted
Contributor

My sister wants to undergo ayurvedic treatment. Is that covered under Health Suraksha Policy?

My sister wants to undergo ayurvedic treatment. Is that covered under Health Suraksha Policy?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Ayurvedic Treatment

Health Insurance typically cover hospitalization expenses incurred during the treatment. However, traditional and alternative treatments like Ayurveda, Unani, Sidha and Homeopathy (AYUSH) are also included under health insurance. For the purpose of these treatments to be covered under health insurance, your sister must be hospitalized for over 24 hours in a hospital recognized for the treatment.

While Ayurveda is usually covered by all new health insurance policies, the same may not be the case for other traditional treatments like Naturopathy.

Though these traditional treatments are now being covered by insurer under the new health insurance plans, still there are a few exclusions. Hence, one should verify the treatments covered before purchasing a health insurance policy

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I suppose it is covered with specific reimbursements.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I plan to go to Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Shala in Kerala for a spine treatment. Can I claim for this?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Only a few insurance companies cover non-Allopathic treatments. Please refer to your policy document for details.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Plan covers Ayush benefits upto 20% of sum assured.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

The coverage of alternative medicines is dependent on the particular insurer. Some health insurers cover only Ayurvedic treatments while some cover all of them like Ayurveda, homeopathy, Unani etc. 

Anuj Shergil