| Login | Sign Up
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

What is the best affordable health insurance policy for parents above 55years age?

What is the best affordable health insurance policy for parents above 55years age?

Anuj Shergil
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: What is the best affordable health insurance policy for parents above 55years age?

Hi Nik,

You can try online portals to check various companies offering products for senior citizens. I have taken HDFC ERGO medisure top up for my parents. You can have a look to that as well.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: What is the best affordable health insurance policy for parents above 55years age?

Here, you have two options – choose individual health policies for them or take them under a family floater health insurance.
Since they are above 55 years of age, insurance companies believe that risks associated with them are larger and hence charge larger premiums. As they are above 55 years of age, they may have to undergo medical checkups. The more medical conditions they have, the more the premium. I personally think you should go for a family floater health insurance which covers your parents. Even if you find it a little expensive, buying health insurance ensures tax deductions under section 80D.