| Login | Sign Up
Highlighted
New Member
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎17-10-2017

Health and Safety

Diwali is a very special day for millions of Indians living all over the world, because the day will witness the coming together of Indians as one single community in celebrating their grand festival, Diwali. People start preparing for the celebrations a few weeks in advance, but as the day approaches it becomes important to register a few important tips to enjoy the festivities without compromising our health.

 

1. Sweets are hard to resist and during Diwali, when there is plenty of colorful sweets everywhere, it becomes even harder to resist. Remember the fact that Indians are genetically prone to diabetes and so it is always advisable to keep the intake of sugar and starch minimal. 

2. Stay away from sweets that use chemical preservatives, because the intake of such preservatives can cause damage to our kidneys and liver. It can also cause asthma attacks and cancer.

3. Avoid sweets that have ‘silver’ coating. Such foils are often adulterated by aluminum and aluminum being a hazardous metal can accumulate in our body tissues and can also enter the brain.

4. In times of increasing air and noise pollution that we are witnessing today, it is important that we be responsible while using firecrackers. It is good to buy as little firecrackers as possible, because that can help us spend less and can also stop us from polluting our environment.

 

DO's
DO read and follow the label directions. It's a no-brainer, but you'd be surprised how often people ignore the directions.

DO light fireworks away from combustible materials like buildings, trees, dry grass and other obstacles.

DO bury your fireworks at least halfway down into a bucket of sand angled on a trajectory away from spectators and combustibles.

DO have water handy (garden hose and bucket) to soak fireworks after firing.

 

DON'Ts
DON'T attempt to relight a dud. It could still go off and have even less of a wick. Let it sit for several minutes and then douse it with water.

DON'T use fireworks or sparklers indoors.

DON'T carry fireworks in your pocket. They're explosives and can go off prematurely even if they're not lit.

DON'T light fireworks in metal or glass containers.

 

 

Regds

Joyeep Dey

Allahabad