| Login | Sign Up
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

How to make this Diwali " Eco-Friendly one" with some New Ideas ?

Hi Everyone.....

This is Sirish.....I saw this initiative of HDFC and it really prompted me to share my views on the Health and Safety this Festive season....

So i have come up with the concept of "Eco-Friendly Diwali "......

So would like your suggestions and ideas also to add up on the same:

As we all know that Diwali is a festival that signifies the triumph of light over darkness, good over evil and hope over despair........However, in recent years excessive use of fire crackers during Diwali have not only put a great strain on the environment, but also put people's health on stake.

It's time to think responsibly on ways to celebrate this festival with minimal environmental consequence.

Here are the few ideas that came to my mind:-

1. Crack it thoughtfully - Say 'NO' to crackers and play a safe, noiseless and pollution free  Diwali. you can celebrate by lighting a bonfire in an open space and serve homemade sweets and dishes, decorate the space with glitter filled balloons and party with happiness and joy with your loved ones.

2. Go Earthy- Substitute candles and electrical diyas/garlands with the traditional bio degradable earthen oil diyas. Every lightened diya will surely lighten up the house on the poor potter who has made those diyas.

3. Green Gifts - Gifting a green plant, money plant, indoor herbs, feng-shui, air purifying plants, bonsai, terrariums, etc not only make the homes auspicious but also promotes a healthy ambiance as well.

So, what more could we do has no end to it. I would like everyone to add their thoughts to it and make this Diwali and healthy and safe one !!!

----------HAPPY DIWALI ----------