| Login | Sign Up
Contributor
Yuvraj Nimje

Can I transfer my insurance to the purchaser of my vehicle?

Can I transfer my insurance to the purchaser of my vehicle?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Regular Contributor
Arti
Solution

Re: Can I transfer my insurance to the purchaser of my vehicle?

Hi , 

Yes definitely you can Transfer the insurence of your to new onwer , you need to simply visit the HELP section on website and place request for Transfer followed by submisson of valid documents as mentioned below :

• Registration Certificate (RC) Transferred
  • Transferred Registration Certificate (RC) Copy
    Additional Premium would be required from new owner if there is any NCB.
    Additional Documents:
    Death certificate would be required in addition to be above mentioned documents for Transfer of insurance on account of demise of Insured.
    In case Transfer of Vehicle from Employer (Company) to Employee (Insured Person) , No Objection Certificate (NOC) on Company’s Letterhead with below 2 details ;
    1. No objection to transfer No Claim Bonus (NCB)
    2. No objection to transfer policy
    Request Online
  • Registration Certificate (RC) Not Transferred
  • Form No. 29 and 30 duly filled and signed OR RTO Transfer fee receipt
    No Objection Certificate (NOC) from previous Insured for transfer of policy

Additional Documents:
    Death certificate would be required in addition to be above mentioned documents for Transfer of insurance on account of demise of Insured.

In case Transfer of Vehicle from Employer (Company) to Employee (Insured Person) , No Objection Certificate (NOC) on Company’s Letterhead with below 2 details ;

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Contributor
Aditi Anjaria

Yes, the insurance can be transferred to the buyer of the vehicle, provided the seller informs in writing of such transfer to the insurance company. A fresh proposal form needs to be filled in. There is a nominal fee charged for transfer of insurance along with pro-rata recovery of NCB from the date of transfer till policy expiry. It may be noted that transfer of ownership in comprehensive/package policies has to be recorded within 14 days from date of transfer failing which no claim will be payable for own damage to the vehicle.

Regular Contributor
Arti
Solution

Hi , 

Yes definitely you can Transfer the insurence of your to new onwer , you need to simply visit the HELP section on website and place request for Transfer followed by submisson of valid documents as mentioned below :

• Registration Certificate (RC) Transferred
  • Transferred Registration Certificate (RC) Copy
    Additional Documents:
    Request Online
  • Registration Certificate (RC) Not Transferred
  • Form No. 29 and 30 duly filled and signed OR RTO Transfer fee receipt
    No Objection Certificate (NOC) from previous Insured for transfer of policy

Additional Documents: