| Login | Sign Up
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Transfer of motor insurance policy

I am selling my car and want to transfer my policy to the new owner. Can I apply for the motor insurance transfer online?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Transfer of motor insurance policy

Yess. It can be done following these steps
Along with a Rs. 50 transfer fee, the following documents as required for car insurance transfer:

New copy of the registration certificate/form 29.Old policy document.No Objection Clause (NOC) from the previous policy holder.New application form.Inspection Report (to be carried out by the insurance company).No Claims Bonus difference amount.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes,it can be applied online specially with HDFC ERGO app.A few minor changes needed to be made for the transfer to take place
Highlighted
New Contributor

Insurable interest cannot be transferred. Hence transfer of motor policy on other's name is not possible.
Highlighted

Yes , you can surely transfer the motor insurance policy to the new owner when you are selling your car but by only using the HDFC ERGO App or the HDFC ERGO official site .

You should also do these simple tasks for a successful transfer of your motor insurance policy :

1. List of documents you need in order to transfer the motor insurance policy :Certificate of Registration (RC) card of the car.
Certificate of Taxation (CT).
PUC Certificate.
Declaration of selling the car.
Copy of Existing Insurance Policy.
Transfer of ownership and No Objection Certificate (NOC). Here are the documents you need:

– Form 28: Form of No Objection Certificate.
– Form 29: Form of Transfer of Ownership.
– Form 30: Application for intimation or report of transfer of motor vehicle

2. Inform the regional RTO about the transfer of ownership.

3. When you transfer an insurance policy to the buyer you need to pay attention to the time period the car has been insured for.

Hope you have understood the above mentioned points.
If there are any clarifications regarding this case , please do reply Smiley Happy

Yes, and you are also lucky that only Hdfc Ergo providing these facility online.. Further, make sure that Registration Certificate also to be transfered to the new owner within a permissable time to avoid any hiccups in claim process in future, if any. #HDFCERGOCommunity