| Login | Sign Up
Contributor
Disha Patil

Do I need prior approval of the insurance company ?

Do I need prior approval of the insurance company before proceeding with medical treatment should the contingency arise?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Regular Contributor
Arti
Solution

Re: Do I need prior approval of the insurance company ?

Dear Sir/ madam, 

Insured needs to intimate the insurance company in event of claim. For claim registration, kindly contact us 48 hrs prior for planned hospitalisation or within 24 hours of hospitalisation in case of emergency hospitalisation. 

You must submit a duly filled claim form along with specified documents under the policy within 30 days from date of discharge. Any additional information requested must be submitted within 15 days of our request.

Kindly visit www.hdfcergo.com Self help option for claim registration 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Contributor
Jagannath Jangam

Please read the policy thoroughly and understand whether there are such requirements. Prior approval would be required in most cases though there could be exceptions depending on the emergency involved. Get this aspect clarified at the time of purchasing the policy.

Contributor
W@L

In most the cases not required, however cases where surgery is planned and going for cashless facility then it is better to take approval. 

Regular Contributor
Arti
Solution

Dear Sir/ madam, 

Insured needs to intimate the insurance company in event of claim. For claim registration, kindly contact us 48 hrs prior for planned hospitalisation or within 24 hours of hospitalisation in case of emergency hospitalisation. 

You must submit a duly filled claim form along with specified documents under the policy within 30 days from date of discharge. Any additional information requested must be submitted within 15 days of our request.

Kindly visit www.hdfcergo.com Self help option for claim registration