| Login | Sign Up
Contributor
chavibasu

Eligibility to apply for refund under travel policy

I am travelling from A to B by train. Train is scheduled to reach 4 hrs before my flight from B to C. If train is delayed and I miss my flight within India will I be eligible to apply for refund under my travel policy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Contributor
N.Kumari
Solution

Re: Eligibility to apply for refund under travel policy

Yes. Cancelling your travel insurance policy is quite easy.

You can place your cancellation request via self help option from website www.hdfcergo.com. Do make sure that the cancellation request reaches us within 14 days from the policy’s inception date.

In case the policy is already in force, you’ll also need to submit a copy of all the 40 pages of your passport, as a proof that the journey has not been undertaken.

Do note that cancellation charges of Rs. 250 will be applicable, and the balance amount paid will be refunded.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Frequent Contributor
hayat

After deducting fare for the traveled portion, you will be refunded the balance fare. To claim this refund, you are required to surrender your ticket at the station, within three hours of the actual arrival of the train which has been delayed.

Frequent Contributor
N.Kumari
Solution

Yes. Cancelling your travel insurance policy is quite easy.

You can place your cancellation request via self help option from website www.hdfcergo.com. Do make sure that the cancellation request reaches us within 14 days from the policy’s inception date.

In case the policy is already in force, you’ll also need to submit a copy of all the 40 pages of your passport, as a proof that the journey has not been undertaken.

Do note that cancellation charges of Rs. 250 will be applicable, and the balance amount paid will be refunded.