| Login | Sign Up
Frequent Contributor
shef

If I cancel my travel policy, how much premium amount will get returned?

If I cancel my travel policy, how much premium amount will get returned?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Contributor
N.Kumari
Solution

Re: If I cancel my travel policy, how much premium amount will get returned?

Hi,

1. Cancelling your travel insurance policy is quite easy.
  2. You can place your cancellation request via self help option from website www.hdfcergo.com. Do make sure that the cancellation request reaches up within 14 days from the policy’s inception date.
    In case the policy is already in force, you’ll also need to submit a copy of all the 40 pages of your passport, as a proof that the journey has not been undertaken.
  3. Do note that cancellation charges of Rs. 250 will be applicable, and the balance amount paid will be refunded.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Contributor
dasu

I suppose a defined amount of around Rs. 250 is cut if you cancel the policy.

Frequent Contributor
manjulal

Usually, premium amount is refunded on subject to no claims has been registered under the policy.

Frequent Contributor
reji

If you have commenced your journey then you won't be entitled for refund of your premium and if you have not started your travel journey then your premium will be refunded subject to some deductions from your premium.

Frequent Contributor
N.Kumari
Solution

Hi,

1. Cancelling your travel insurance policy is quite easy.
  2. You can place your cancellation request via self help option from website www.hdfcergo.com. Do make sure that the cancellation request reaches up within 14 days from the policy’s inception date.
    In case the policy is already in force, you’ll also need to submit a copy of all the 40 pages of your passport, as a proof that the journey has not been undertaken.
  3. Do note that cancellation charges of Rs. 250 will be applicable, and the balance amount paid will be refunded.