| Login | Sign Up
Frequent Contributor
nik

My trip to the US was cancelled at the last minute. Will I get a refund on my travel insurance?

My trip to the US was cancelled at the last minute. Will I get a refund on my travel insurance?

Anuj Shergil
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Regular Contributor
Arti
Solution

Re: My trip to the US was cancelled at the last minute. Will I get a refund on my travel insurance?

Cancelling your travel insurance policy is quite easy. You can place your cancellation request via email or fax. Do make sure that the cancellation request reaches up within 14 days from the policy’s inception date.

In case the policy is already in force, you’ll also need to submit a copy of all the 40 pages of your passport, as a proof that the journey has not been undertaken.

Do note that cancellation charges of Rs. 250 will be applicable, and the balance amount paid will be refunded.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Contributor
Jack

Re: My trip to the US was cancelled at the last minute. Will I get a refund on my travel insurance?

The administrative charges will be deducted and the remaining amount will be refunded.

Frequent Contributor
reji

Its depends on company terms and conditions and also in reason of cancellation of your trip. You can get more details by visiting insurance company website to which you got insurance

Regular Contributor
Arti
Solution

Cancelling your travel insurance policy is quite easy. You can place your cancellation request via email or fax. Do make sure that the cancellation request reaches up within 14 days from the policy’s inception date.

In case the policy is already in force, you’ll also need to submit a copy of all the 40 pages of your passport, as a proof that the journey has not been undertaken.

Do note that cancellation charges of Rs. 250 will be applicable, and the balance amount paid will be refunded.