| Login | Sign Up
Frequent Contributor
shef

How do I buy international travel insurance policy online?

How do I buy international travel insurance policy online?

4 REPLIES 4
Frequent Contributor
nik

Re: How do I buy international travel insurance policy online?

Hi shef, you can buy travel insurance policy covering your international travel.International Travel Insurance provides utmost protection against unseen medical and non-medical emergencies.
Anuj Shergil
harsh

Travel insurance should be bought before embarking on a journey as it protects the insured against uncertain events during the trip. Now getting travel insurance has easy and simple, you can purchase it from the comfort of your home.
Here are the steps that you need to follow while buying online travel insurance www.hdfcergo.com.
Step 1: Visit the website,navigate your way to travel insurance and select the option of ‘buy online’. You will be promptly redirected to a secure page.
Step 2: Premium calculation:- For calculating the premium you will be require to provide details such as:
Whether the insured is in India or abroad while filling the application form (while buying the insurance policy)
Nationality (i.e. Indian or foreign nationality)
The type of overseas policy (i.e. single trip or multi trip).

If you want to be insured for a single trip then select single trip or if you want to be insured against multiple trips with in the time span of 1 year then select multi trip. To get insurance for the entire family you must select family floater option.

The multi-trip travel insurance, worldwide coverage is applicable.

The date of birth of the insured.
The date when the journey will begin.
The number of days for which you wish to travel.
Return date of the journey.
Based on the information provided, the travel insurance premium calculator will calculate the premium amount.
Step 3: In this step you are required to provide the following details-

Contact information
Address
Email
Other details such as pre-existing conditions like if one is already suffering from any ailment or not.
Step 4: Payment - After accepting the terms and conditions of the policy one has to select the mode of payment. This will lead to secure way.
kowshik ps

Occasional Visitor
SONAMJEET

Firstly go to an online broker , which sells coverage from 21 carriers, including CSA Travel Protection, MedJet Assist, and Travelex. Before you buy, talk to a sales rep at the insurer, get a sample copy of the policy, ask if your specific concerns are covered, and make the agent point to the words in the fine print that prove coverage. For medical policies, be sure to ask about coverage for pre-existing conditions.