Use of this Community indicates you accept these terms. If you do not accept these
terms, do not use the HDFC ERGO Community Site.
The HDFC ERGO Community is a peer-to-peer and direct support channel for education
and thought leadership on best practices, where we also ideate with customers directly
on how to improve and extend the product platform.
You may not use your registration membership (or allow anyone else to use your registration
membership) to post or transmit:
1. Content that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, or that discloses
private or personal matters concerning any person. This includes language, information,
2. Content that is threatening, defamatory or abusive, either between forum members
or directed towards a HDFC ERGO Community moderator, or a HDFC ERGO employee or
3. "Rants," "slams," or legal threats against HDFC ERGO or another company or competitor.
4. Bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive comments.
5. Political or religious statements or commentary.
6. Off-topic comments not related to the HDFC ERGO platform.
7. Any material that you don't have the right to transmit under law (such as copyright,
trade secret, or securities) or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such
as nondisclosure agreements).
8. Language that promotes illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with
the intent to commit them. This includes any message that solicits or promotes the
use of an illegal substance.
9. Advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation including
chain letters, pyramid schemes, class action suits, or charitable appeals. This
includes advertising links in signatures.
10. Any file or link to a file that contains viruses, corrupted files, "Trojan Horses,"
or any other contaminating or destructive features that may damage someone else's
11. Duplicate posts, spam messages, or posts repeated excessively on one or more
12. Messages designed to evade profanity or other filters.
13. Personal phone numbers or addresses (to protect privacy).
14. Personal email addresses, private information such as social security numbers,
or other contact information that is not your own, including, but not limited to
HDFC ERGO employee's email addresses.
15. Hyperlinks that lead to sites that violate any of the forum guidelines.
16. Any message that impersonates another person or affiliation with an entity,
including, but not limited to, HDFC ERGO. In addition, our guidelines do not permit
17. Intentionally violate any other applicable law or regulation while accessing
and using our site.
18. Interfere in any way with the operations in the forum or with a fellow user's
message box, including but not limited to mail or "post" bombing, news bombing,
other flooding techniques, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast
attacks, or attempts to avoid messaging blocking.
19. Evading bans or suspensions or otherwise disregarding directions from HDFC ERGO
Community moderators or administrators. HDFC ERGO Community moderators may at any
time and without prior notice remove any posted message or thread, delete words
that violate these guidelines from posted messages, or ban your account for violating
the above reasonable provisions. Please remember that you are responsible for all
statements made and acts that occur through the use of your user name and password.
If you recognize any violation of these guidelines, please notify us by using the
"Report Inappropriate Content" feature in the Options menu of the message.
If you believe that work belonging to you has been copied onto the HDFC ERGO Community
Site without your permission, please notify by sending a written notification of
claimed infringement to: community@HDFCERGO.com
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, your notification must
• A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of
the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
• Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if
multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification,
a representative list of such works at that site.
• Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the
subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to
be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
• Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party,
such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address
at which the complaining party may be contacted.
• A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the
material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its
agent, or the law.
• A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under
penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of
the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We may refuse to grant you, and you may not use, a screen name or email address
that is already being used by someone else, that impersonates another person, that
belongs to another person (without that person's prior consent), that violates the
intellectual property or other rights of any person, that is vulgar or otherwise
offensive, or that we reject for any other reason, at our sole discretion. In consideration
of your use of the HDFC ERGO Community Site you agree that all information provided
in your profile is accurate, true, current, and complete. HDFC ERGO may terminate
your account if any of the information provided is found to be inaccurate, false,
out of date, or incomplete.
The content found in the HDFC ERGO Community Site comes from a variety of sources,
primarily from community members. HDFC ERGO makes no claims or representations as
to the accuracy, completeness, or truth of any material submitted or found in the
discussion areas. HDFC ERGO is not liable for any website links posted within the
discussion areas; website links posted in the discussion areas may link to sites
not administered or under the control of HDFC ERGO and users must open such links
at their own risk. HDFC ERGO is not liable for any errors or delays in the content
or transmission of postings on the site. Remember that you are responsible for your
own decisions to act upon the information provided by community members. HDFC ERGO
makes no guaranty of the confidentiality or privacy of any communication or information
transmitted on the site, or any web-site linked to the site, or otherwise in connection
with the services and HDFC ERGO will not be liable for the privacy of e-mail addresses,
registration and identification information, confidential or trade-secret information.
If your user identification or password(s) is compromised, or if you become aware
of any unauthorized use of your account or other breach of security, you are responsible
for promptly notifying us. You can notify us by sending an email to community@HDFCERGO.com.
The language of the HDFC ERGO Community Site is English.
HDFC ERGO reserves the right to modify these guidelines at any time, effective upon
posting of the modified guidelines on the forum.
The service is provided on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind, express
or implied. You expressly agree that the use of the service is at your sole risk.
HDFC ERGO does not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted or error free,
nor does HDFC ERGO make any warranty as to any results that may be obtained by use
of the service.
Under no circumstances shall HDFC ERGO be liable to you or any other person for
any damages, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential
or punitive damages arising out of or relating to this agreement or the use of the
service or site. Your sole and exclusive remedy hereunder shall be for you to discontinue
your use of the service.